Browsed by
Month: September 2016

How to Select School for NRI Children in India

How to Select School for NRI Children in India

Non-Residents of India are pretty much impressed with the quality of education in India. Apart, it educates them about their customs, rituals and tradition. So, it is important for them to attend all information about the schooling in India.

First, they require enquiring about the syllabus. Choosing from CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE, IB and SSC will enable them pick the syllabus they want to learn. Day-boarding and boarding are the two kinds of schooling institutions prevalent in India. For the wards of Indian diaspora abroad, day-boarding is the best choice if they begin as a startup.

Education is segregated into four stages in India. Primary, middle, secondary and senior secondary determine these stages. Excellent education at school level is imparted by private ones. They charge high amount (in lakhs) as per their fee-structure. Some of them have provision to charge extra amount from the NRIs and OCIs. So, this community must check it before admitting children in the school.

NRI Education

How NRIs Can Apply for Visa Extension in India?

How NRIs Can Apply for Visa Extension in India?

Any non-resident or foreigner can stay in India any time provided he/she should have visa.  It’s a licence for staying here legally. But its limit lasts for 180 days. If the person overstays, he/she shall be prosecuted.

So, what should be done at that time? Should he/she pay penalty or face prosecution? Or, should he/she apply for extending its limit?

Let’s catch insight of how one can apply for it. But first, let’s learn who can apply for it.

Who can apply for extending visa?

It’s obvious that the individual with visa qualifies for its extension. Therefore,

  • The person originated from India and was once the holder of Indian passport.
  • The person whose parents/ grandparents/ great grand-parents originated from India. They must have been the permanent citizen of India at any time.
  • The spouse of the foretold persons is also eligible for stretching visa’s span.
  • But there is an exception in such case. That individual must not be the native of Bangladesh, Pakistan, China, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka or any other prohibited country.

When NRI and foreigner should file application for visa extension?

As aforementioned, any visa-holder can accommodate Indian region for 180 days. It’s the maximum duration granted by the Indian government.

But that limit can be extended. Its formal request should be made to the competent authority before time. Following the mandatory guidelines, its time-period is revived of paper.

What if one does not file for it before due time?

The government has strictly announced if in any situation binds the visa-holder for longer duration (more than 180 days), he/she must drop prior information. Otherwise, legal action can be taken against him/her.

In case, the emigrant applies for extension, his/her visa date will be revised with penalty. For it, he/she must pay $30 currently. This amount is revised by the authority time to time.

Otherwise, the person will be treated as an offender since he/she did not inform the authority about lapsed period of visa. He/she would be jailed for 5 years under Foreigners Act 1946. Additionally, he/she would be fined and also, be thrown out of the country.

To escape such embarrassing situation and prosecution, the person must file for 60 days prior to its date of expiry.  So, the emigrant must remember the last date of his/her visa.

Where one can contact for it?

The extension of visa seekers must approach FRRO/FRO office and meet the registration officer for resolving this issue.

What documents one must have along for it?

The following documents must be along with the applicant for visa-extension:

  • Visa Extension application form (completely filled)
  • Medical visa/ student visa/ medical attendant visa/ employment visa/ business visa/ Entry (X) Visa/ Journalist visa/Research visa/ Conference visa/ Project visa/ Missionary visa
  • Photo
  • Passport
  • Resident proof
  • Medical certificate
  • Bonafide certificate (for students visa)
  • NOC (for students visa)
  • Contract papers (for employment visa)
  • Request letter (for employment visa)
  • Undertaking letter (for employment visa)