Several NRIs (non-residents of India) are willing to take their parents along with them in the residence country. But some documentation works cause disruption.
Let’s say, my mother doesn’t have a birth certificate. Her birth stayed unregistered erstwhile. Now, I want her to settle with me in the US. It can’t be possible until and unless she would have the birth certificate. Undoubtedly, this document completes the major requirements.
Therefore, I’ve researched and found some concrete solutions to get rid of this trouble. This blog will let you know how you can get non-availability of birth certificate (NABC).
Wondering why I am talking about NABC, but not about the birth certificate?
Actually, you can’t apply for birth certificate after one year of birth directly from the Municipal Corporation office. Despite being a competent authority, it can’t go against the standard rule of the government. But there is another way. You can apply for the NABC to register the unregistered birth in India.
What is the US Citizenship?
The process of acquiring the US citizenship by the expats as per the Congress in the Immigration & Nationality Act (INA) is called the US Citizenship. This process requires several formalities and conditions to fulfill. Once they are all done, the foreigner achieves the citizenship of the USA.
One of its major requirements for the documentation is the birth certificate. Therefore, the parents should apply for the unregistered birth certificate.
How can you get non-availability of birth certificate (NABC)?
- Visit the site of the District Municipal Corporation (MC).
- Get registered with the site.
- Login to get an easy access of the birth certificate/affidavit.
- Download the form/affidavit.
- Fill all the requisite details, like father & mother’s name, date of birth, location, address, witnesses and so on.
- Enclose the following documents’ scanned copy:
- School records, like School Certificate, Mark Sheet and so on.
- State of Federal Census Record, like Ration Card with the scripted name of the children & spouse.
- Church record (if the baptism is occurred in the church).
- Adoption decree (if the person is adopted by someone).
- Voter card
- Driving Licence
- PAN Card
- Passport (Both surrendered & current, if any)
- Affidavit of the two witnesses who can be any of the parents or relatives but would have been 10+ years of age when they witnessed the birth of the applicant.
- The affidavit statement should have correctly filled all details.
- After enclosing the document, you need to pay the service charge online.
- Then, download the receipt for further reference.
Meanwhile, the verification will go on. And afterwards, the NABC will be initialized within a month. But for expats or NRIs, it can take 15 days at least.
Alternatively, you can directly visit the district MC office. File a plea for registering the unregistered birth. You can enclose all the above said documents with the application form. They would be considered as a secondary evidence of the birth.
Besides all these, you may need to enclose the photocopy of these:
- Letter of the jail in-charge (if born in the jail)
- Letter of the health officer (if vaccinated in the nearby dispensary & born at home)
- Letter of the doctor (if born in the hospital)
- Letter of the Sarpanch (if born in the village)
- Letter of the vehicle In-charge (if born in the moving vehicle)
- Letter of the head of the Dharamshala (if born there).
Once you accomplish all such form filling, appending the requisite documents, you can pay the service charge. The Registrar will call you for the verification. Visit with the original supporting documents. Get the birth proof. Subsequently, you can apply for the US citizenship certificate easily.