Mumbai police receives around 80,000 Police CC seeking applications annually. Usually, it took three months to process such issuance which was quite a long duration. Ceasing that traditional method, Mumbai police decided for its paperless processing.
Mumbai Police Commissioner DD Padsalgikar emerged as the time & efforts savior. In May 2016, his announcement brought a sigh of relief for the seekers of Police Clearance Certificate or PCC.
Why people need this certificate?
This certificate certifies that its bearer has no criminal background. The police commissioner of the state is delegated as its signing authority. It is issued after thorough verification of the appellant at the backend. Within 10 days, the entire verification is winded up & the certificate is dispatched to the applicant.
How can an individual apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Mumbai online?
Since it’s an online process now, the applicants intended to apply for PSC and passport must access its digital form & follow these steps:
- Access the official website (i.e. https://psc.mahaonline.gov.in).
- The process begins with registration. For the convenience of new users, the window displays six steps of registration. On the other hand, old users can directly login to apply.
- The new registration kick-starts with the clicking on Registration It is mentioned as a hyperlink that navigates directly to its whole page.
- After clicking the registration link, a window pops up. The applicant must provide his/her valid information in the fields including Aadhaar Number, Last Name, First Name, Middle Name, Date of Birth, CP/SP Office Name, Mobile Number, Gender, Email Id and Password. It ends with the captcha against which the correct answer to a simple question should be provided. Lastly, click Submit
- Following the submission, an Information box appears stating the verification code has been sent on the mobile phone. Click ‘Ok’.
- A verification box will display in which the sent code (in mobile) must be input. End it with the clicking on verify On getting the correct code, the message of successful registration pops up. Click ok.
- Enter the created login. Provide password below user name.
- A fresh window will appear with menus on the left column. Select the required service from the drop down menu of It can be either Character Certificate or Security Guard Character Certificate.
- After selecting Character Certificate, enter Address information, Occupation/Educational Information, General Information and Police Station Information one by one.
- Click ‘Save’ tab at the left corner in the bottom lastly.
- The message for successful submission of application will confirm that the application is formally sent. Click ‘Ok’.
- The applicant needs not encounter hassle in certificate attestation services in India since the entire processing takes place online.
- The applicant must upload his/her photo, signature and supporting documents, like scanned copy of Aadhaar card, passport, current electricity or telephone bill, current bank passbook, election card and company letter. The sender can scan and save these in the computer system. Later, he/she can select to upload it from there. Close this box with the clicking on
- The payment window will be in front. The applicant needs to provide Application ID, Name, and Online payment can be provided through this gateway. Alternatively, he/she can pay for this service at the Common Service Centre. Process the payment and get the receipt in the next window.
- Download it for later reference.