Will it not be shocking if someone stop you from getting married despite being consented? But this situation can be arisen before any Indian who lives in the countries, like China, Philippines, Indonesia, UK and so on. In India, it is not mandatory to have a licence of single status or bachelorhood. On the contrary, the situation of matrimony in the foretold countries is not the same. A Non-Resident of India (NRI) has to prove his/her single status prior to solemnizing marriage with the spouse of the foreign country. Therefore, NRIs have to produce CENOMAR or certificate of no marriage.
Vitality of CENOMAR
CENOMAR is the legal evidence that proves authenticity of singlehood. It clearly states that the person is single and very much eligible for marriage. Single status certificate, here, represents no matrimony or marriage. In such state, the person can be divorcee or widower or bachelor. It does not represent the bachelors only. The procedure of getting it may be complex but some providers of NRI service, like S2NRI in India, have made it a bed of roses for its seekers. In Philippines, it is grouped under essential documents issued from National Statistics Office (NSO).
India Vs Philippines: The procedure of getting ‘Singlehood certificate’ requires designated authorities to issue it after cross-examining the requisite documents. India and Philippines do follow these procedures but with little bit of differences. Check out these differences:
1. In India, this authority for issuing CENOAMR is grouped at 3 levels
- Local level: Sub-divisional Magistrate or, Executive Magistrate or, District Magistrate Or, Court Authority
- State level: Home department of the state for further attestation
- National level: CPV Division of the Ministry of External Affair
2. In Philippines, National Statistics Office issues it.
Documents needed for issuance of Singlehood Certificate:
1. In India: These documents are needed:
- Original passport with photocopy
- Original Valid ID of Nationality with Photocopy
- Original Birth Certificate
- Joint/ Separate Affidavit of the parents for consent
- Copies of Parents’ ID
- Address Proof
2. In Philippines: These documents are requisite:
- ID of the applicant
- Delivery address with Zip code
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (for divorcee)
- Death Certificate (for widower)
Steps to get certificate of no marriage:
1. In India:
- Download the form.
- Fill the listed below information:
- Complete name of the applicant
- Complete name of the father
- Complete name of the mother
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Complete name and address of the requesting party
- Number of copies required
- Purpose of certification
- Scan & send the foretold copies of the documents.
- Pay online.
- Get confirmation mail.
- Delivered within 3 to 4 weeks.
2. In Philippines:
- Fill the required information of the applicant as:
- Delivery Address
- Telephone number
- Valid email address
- Birth certificate as proof
- Marriage certificate as proof
- Death certificate as proof
- Download the form from NSO site.
- Pay through accredited channel.
- Wait for the delivery after payment.
- 3 to 5 working days (at local area)
- 4-9 working days (at state level)
- 6 to 8 weeks (at national level)